Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
titangator

titangator

2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: 2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting   2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 1:53 pm

9 Seniors + 3 = 12

"With only 12 available scholarships this season, our biggest concern is adding depth along the offensive line and defensive line. Adding a few guys with playmaker skills here and thee would be great, but with the low number of scholarships available, filling the trenches is going to be our main priority this offseason." - Coach Hickerson
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting   2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting EmptyWed 12 May 2010, 3:40 pm

Nebraska picked up their first commitment for the 2018 class this week in an offensive guard

Travis Miles - Offensive Guard - Sioux Center, IA - 4 star - # 5 G in country

Miles chose Nebraska over Florida and Michigan. He committed without taking a visit and cancelled his visits that he had scheduled to Florida and Michigan. "I been a Cornhusker my entire life, born and raise you know? And I have met Coach Hickerson several times and he knows what he is doing, that was very important in my quick decision," said Miles. With the depth Nebraska has coming back at guard it is unlikely he will see much action and take a redshirt. However, Nebraska only returns one offensive tackle, so depending on who else they sign in this class, some of the current guards could move to tackle and open up a spot for Miles to see some possible playing time as a freshman. However, Miles himself is not quick enough to move to the tackle position and his time at Nebraska will be spent inside at the guard position.

1 spot filled, 11 remaining.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting   2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 10:18 am

2nd Commitment of the 2018 Class

Tony Kiniry - Athlete - Minden, LA - 4 star - #4 Ath in country

Kiniry committed to Nebraska and is almost a sure fire bet to play running back at the next level for the Cornhuskers. "It came down to Baylor and Nebraska, and I went to a a game up in Lincoln last year, and the atmosphere was unreal, I definitely saw myself playing there and today I woke up and something just told me to make my decision public," said Kiniry. Kiniry is EXTREMELY agile and elusive for his 237 pound frame and has all the makings of a dynamite running back at the next level. If Tony adds a tiny bit more speed to his repertoire, watch out.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting   2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting EmptyFri 14 May 2010, 4:40 am

3rd Commitment of the 2018 Class

Rickey Browne - Aldine, TX - 4 star - #6 QB in country

Browne committed to Nebraska over Texas A & M and and is another one of those quarterbacks Coach Hickerson really likes and says is in the "Tim Tebow" mold. He has recruited several but only landed one in Mitchell Hopkins in his time at Maryland who actually came in as a walk on. Different story this time around as Browne is a highly touted prospect. Browne stand 6'2, 230 pounds and has a strong arm. Tough to bring down in the pocket or outside of it while on the move. Rickey will need to improve upon his accuracy and there will be a very interesting quarterback battle next year at Nebraska with the injured Jamal Culver returning, this years freshman Keith Causey getting a lot of playing time so who knows how much he will improve, and then this guy coming in. Should be very fun to watch play out.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting   2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting EmptyWed 19 May 2010, 12:53 am

4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th commitments of the 2018 class - currently number 7 class in the nation.

Colin McKenzie - Brunswick, GA - 4 star - # 4 TE in country

McKenzie was a big get for Coach Hickerson and company, he and current freshman Greg McCloud will make for one of, if not the best tight end duo in the country. McKenzie committed to Nebraska over Michigan, Georgia, Tech, Auburn, and Florida State who pulled out at the very end. McKenzie is probably the best pass catching tight end in the 2018 class overall, when you combine speed, route running ability, and hands, then when you add in his elusiveness after the catch he makes it VERY challenging for opposing defenses to bring him down. He will definitely need to work on his blocking ability to become an all around tight end when he gets to playing on Sunday, but as far as Saturdays are concerned, he will be an instant playmaker.

Chris Goff - Nacogdoches, TX - 4 star - # 4 OLB in country

Goff committed to the Cornhuskers over Civil War rivals Oregon and Oregon State. Goff has great speed and is great in pursuit of the ball carrier. He is powerful hitter who will make running backs go the other way and receivers think twice about coming across the middle. Needs to work on his man coverage a little to match up with the top tight ends but should have no trouble matching up with most tight ends in the country. Needs to work on play recognition so I am sure Coach Hickerson will have him in the film room quite a bit.

Justin Dukes - Chardon, NE - 5 star - #2 C in country

Coach Hickerson has made a commitment to recruit "too many" offensive lineman after having severe depth issues in his last couple years at Maryland and he landed a good one in Dukes, who committed to Nebraska over the likes of Iowa, Virginia Tech, Illinois, and TCU. Dukes has the potential to be an All American but like many offensive lineman, comes into college somewhat weak for the high level of division 1 football. Great footwork, needs to do some work in the weight room.

Michael Washington - Golden, CO - 4 star - #5 HB in country

Washington chose Nebraska over Illinois and TCU. Has the tools to come in and challenge the returning backs Mike Ewing and Melvin Pittman for immediate playing time. Granted it will be hard to unseat Pittman from the starting role, I would not be shocked at all to see Washington get the 2nd string carries from the tailback position. He has great speed to the outside and has the make you miss ability. He also has the ability to go up the middle and bruise with the big boys and has the quick burst to see the hole and hit the hole. Hickerson likes to throw to his backs quite a bit and that is one area Washington definitely needs to improve upon.

Nebraska has now filled 7 of their 12 possible spots.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting   2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting EmptyThu 20 May 2010, 11:31 am

8th and 9th commitments of the 2018 class - currently number 8 in the nation.

Teddy Hunter - Casselberry, FL - 4 star - # 5 WR in country

Hunter committed to Nebraska over Texas and Penn State after not being recruited by any in state schools. Hunter stands at 6'2 and weighs 173 pounds. Teddy posses decent speed but will not run away from anyone. Has great hands but needs to work on getting open so he can show them off more. I question his high rating and am curious to see how he turns out at the next level.

Tyler Nichols - Fargo, ND - 3 star - # 23 T in nation

Nichols committed to the Cornhuskers as soon as they offered him, he is a lifelong Nebraska fan and is very excited about suiting up in the red and white. Only problem is, I do not know how much he will get to suit up without putting in the hours. He is an above average pass blocker but not up to par on his run blocking skills. Nichols needs to get quicker and stronger in a bad way. Definitely a redshirt season for him next year.

Coach Hickerson and Nebraska have 3 spots left in the 2018 class and those could very well be filled by the time the offseason gets here.
Back to top Go down
titangator

titangator

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting   2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting EmptySun 23 May 2010, 10:30 pm

10th commitment of the 2018 class - currently number 9 in nation

Joey Johnson - Oakdale, MN - 3 star - # 14 DE in country

Johnson committed to the Nebraska over other offers from USC and Penn State. Johnson has good speed for a DE and tackles well. Somewhat short, so hard him to get up and bat passes down like Hickerson likes his defensive lineman to do. Does a decent jo of getting off blocks but that is his biggest are for improvement. Johnson probably will not see a ton of playing time next year, but could definitely fill the role of a backup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting   2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting Empty

Back to top Go down

2018 Nebraska Cornhuskers Recruiting
Page 1 of 1