Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Week Eight Discussion

Go down 
+6
axspecialk
clevmire1
Coach Gruden
luvtotha9s
BucNutts
LongGONE24
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
clevmire1

clevmire1

Week Eight Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week Eight Discussion   Week Eight Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 1:42 pm

lets advance, lets advance,lets advance,lets advance
Back to top Go down
http://meatspin.com
chAdyP0408

chAdyP0408

PostSubject: Jackets Continue to Roll   Week Eight Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2009, 1:45 pm

Week Eight Discussion - Page 2 Uva_v_10

Georgia Tech Destroys Virginia as the Rain Pours Down

Charlottesville, Virginia-Not even the torrential downpour could slow down the Yellow Jackets offense. Josh Nesbitt threw for a season high 168 yards and a touchdown all in the first half. Since Georgia Tech had a sizable lead at that point he did not attempt another pass to avoid running up the score. Nesbitt was also able to add 100 yards rushing, Nesbitt now has 797 passing yards and 661 rushing yards on the season. The Yellow Jackets were able to get off to a quick start scoring on their first two drives and never looking back. The Cavaliers had no answer for Dwyer on the goalline as he punched it in from short yardage seven times. Georgia Tech was able to score three more times before half to take a 35-10 lead into the break. The Yellow Jackets shut it down in the second half so they could try and keep the score down. It was hard to tell a difference though as the Yellow Jackets ended up winning 63-17. The Wrecking Ball defense, top rushing defense in the nation at 173 yards total, only gave up 10 to the Cavs. Next week that top ranked rush defense will go up against the top ranked rush offense of Pittsburgh. Something is going to give.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Eight Discussion   Week Eight Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 1:10 am

BucNutts wrote:
Big Defensive Plays Spark the Horned Frogs to a convincing 37-20 Victory over #4 Okie State

Week Eight Discussion - Page 2 991A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_zqp

Fort Worth, TX---

Hosting top 5 Oklahoma State was sure to be a big chore for the Horned Frogs, but with many recruits taking in an awesome atmosphere, the TCU defense rose to the occasion forcing three turnovers which doomed the Cowboys. MLB D. Washington came up again with the big plays picking off two Zac Robinson passes inside the 30 yardline. " They have a great offensive attack, and we had to get pressure, we felt all week that if we got in Zac's face we could force him into some throws, and I was able to catch them....like the old high school days when I played TE"...Washington says with a chuckle.

Not to be outdone in front of the hometown, was Joseph Turner who ran through, around, and all over the Cowboys defense, who carried 33 times for 262 yards and 5TD's. "I just have to credit the offensive line, without them none of this is possible. I also knew it was on me when our QB Andy went out for the game with a bad back. Bringing in a young QB we didnt want to have him make too many reads and decisions, so they just gave the ball to me" Turner mentions with a grin.

Coach Patterson said he was impressed with the game atmosphere, and thanks the fans for showing great support to the team, and showing future recruits that we are big time football now!!

PLAYER OF THE GAME: Joseph Turner- 33 Rush, 262 Yards, 5TD

Week Eight Discussion - Page 2 991A0001_3_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_uEQ

Big Win, sounds like a great game!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: Week Eight Discussion   Week Eight Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 1:11 am

ggang21 wrote:
Today was not a good day for us. We pretty much gave this game away way before the start of the 2nd quarter. We turned the ball over 6 times. And anybody who turns the ball over that many time will not win. I don’t care if it college, nfl, or pee wee. I was very pleased with my Defense. We held Purdue the #1 passing attack in the country to their lowest amount of passing and total yards in a game. So the Defense showed up. But the Offense still needs a lot of work. It was my call to bench Juice Williams for the 2nd half. They had already go the best of him and I knew putting him out there in the 2nd half would have been bad. So I played Eddie McGee. The Purdue defense played like champs and I give the coach all the respects he deserves. Next week we coming back home and hosting Michigan. Next week you will see a better team.

tough loss...looks like Purdue and San Jose State are really playing good this year...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week Eight Discussion   Week Eight Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Week Eight Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2