Quest4TheBest NCAA OD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quest4TheBest NCAA OD

2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS OREGON DUCKS COACH SMITH-ELLIS

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2018 Week 8 Discussion

Go down 
+6
LongGONE24
cokanblues
luvtotha9s
Goatstain
llcoolgrey
axspecialk
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
axspecialk

axspecialk

2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 6:39 am

lol macc exactly... thats funny we typed that at the same time but thats the difference it takes 5 years at least to create stud teams.. bucc and zona and u and Washington where just as good as me and macc were b4 u guys left and when u went down we didnt and thats the difference right now.. south carolina is loaded too but he is out there being quite in the sec alone so no one has to deal with that power every year..
Back to top Go down
http://www.carbsociety.com
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 7:07 am

axspecialk wrote:
lol macc exactly... thats funny we typed that at the same time but thats the difference it takes 5 years at least to create stud teams.. bucc and zona and u and Washington where just as good as me and macc were b4 u guys left and when u went down we didnt and thats the difference right now.. south carolina is loaded too but he is out there being quite in the sec alone so no one has to deal with that power every year..

I'm not blaming you guys/messengers...if this is what the OD wants then fine, just seems kind of funny the two teams with most of the talent are putting this into place now LOL...sure it's just a coincidence, I joke I joke....But for the rest of you, with same talent level as I have and trying to build up your team do you really want to restrict 5 star recruits? If so, then so be it, majority rules.....

Also to note, part of the reason I left UW was to even out the OD, cause Coke didn't want to be in the same conf as you...I don't recall myself advocating for recruiting restrictions...if so, sorry...All I ask if we have recruiting restrictions we monitored it, and while sure 90% will follow them I'm going to follow the rules, but won't be checking on other to see if they are...Is someone willing to be recruiting commish and monitor this and enforce penalties?
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 7:15 am

Man. I try to go out of my way and finally do something as the guy who started all of this and I get shit on like IM the one who wanted a strong set of rules. I personally dont feel like we need one, but I'm sick of fighting with people here and there and them saying "make some rules man, theres no rules Sad Sad Sad " And if we're going to have ANY, we have to have a hard set to refer to. I couldn't really care if you go out and recruit as many 5stars as u possibly can Gruden, and don't feel the need to listen to the rules we as a GROUP DECIDED ON... but don't be surprised when those who've recently moved and are trying to build bitch.

There's no happy medium here. I get called a cheater and a hypocrit for making rules. Or a douchebag and a liar for not having any.

I spend 2 hours doing this and that's what I get.

Seems hardly worth it.
Back to top Go down
https://q4tb.forumotion.net
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 7:18 am

LongGONE24 wrote:
Man. I try to go out of my way and finally do something as the guy who started all of this and I get shit on like IM the one who wanted a strong set of rules. I personally dont feel like we need one, but I'm sick of fighting with people here and there and them saying "make some rules man, theres no rules Sad Sad Sad " And if we're going to have ANY, we have to have a hard set to refer to. I couldn't really care if you go out and recruit as many 5stars as u possibly can Gruden, and don't feel the need to listen to the rules we as a GROUP DECIDED ON... but don't be surprised when those who've recently moved and are trying to build bitch.

There's no happy medium here. I get called a cheater and a hypocrit for making rules. Or a douchebag and a liar for not having any.

I spend 2 hours doing this and that's what I get.

Seems hardly worth it.

well anyone calling you a douche or hypocrit are being jerks...screw them...you can do what ever you want, i was just throwing out my thoughts on it...in the end it doesn't matter, i'm leaving for USC at the end of the season...
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 7:19 am

LMAO MOTHER FUCKERRRRRRRRRR!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 7:20 am

the men of troy will be back soon enough...big12 not for me...
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 7:22 am

Your Duck pride would be ashamed of you if you dawned the cardinal and gold.

...then again you did rock Washington. I'm scared.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 7:32 am

LongGONE24 wrote:
Your Duck pride would be ashamed of you if you dawned the cardinal and gold.

...then again you did rock Washington. I'm scared.

LOL, ya Huskies was way harder then SC...
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 7:48 am

gruden we arent the ones enforcing the rule.. others pushed for it and now im just enforcing it thats all... and yes if i have to be the enforcer on the rules i will be.. someone has to do it...it was the majorty rule.. but i am in favor of spreading the wealth.. and i havent complained once about someone else having a beast class.. so idk bout all that.. and are u really leaving the big xii?!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 8:02 am

axspecialk wrote:
gruden we arent the ones enforcing the rule.. others pushed for it and now im just enforcing it thats all... and yes if i have to be the enforcer on the rules i will be.. someone has to do it...it was the majorty rule.. but i am in favor of spreading the wealth.. and i havent complained once about someone else having a beast class.. so idk bout all that.. and are u really leaving the big xii?!

the only reason i posted is cause i wanted to make sure everyone was sure they wanted to have recruiting rules implemented...I know we had talked about it in the off season, but I never read anything being set....when grey brought up his concerns with over booking 5* players it got me thinking and and wanted to make sure were on the same page, and if people are sure they want to have restrictions...and as far as i can tell the only people to chime in were you, macc, coke, bucc and me....bucc/coke/you seemed to be leaning towards a restriction on them, me and macc seemed to not want them so i was just taking everyone temperature...to see where we were at?

in regards to leaving the big 12, yes, thinking about...last night game was really frustrating...playing vs a team with heavy gator, read option, wildcat was impossible to stop and not much fun to be honest.....you could have put up 80 if you wanted to....i was no where near your QB when he ran the reads and decided to pull and run...and if i did get close you would just pitch it to a wide open back....nothing against you, you know how to run the offense really well,..imho almost impossible to stop, kind of like LSU running his option, or 3-3-5 D that boondock ran, just doesn't make the game fun...if i have to play against that twice a year i may blow my brains out!
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 8:13 am

A&M plays another top 5 team and has better luck this week holding off #5 OSU 28-13 at Boones Pickens Stadium
check out this run by the OSU running back, looks like Barry Sanders JR
http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleWireAll&story=$0019c549c4ca_16516_6B2733C0&dynid=91414&sku=661A0001&sid=8&wknum=6
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 8:18 am

Axe check out these high lites of our game....you can see I don't have players within 4 yards of your running QB....and if so you could just pitch it....
http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$0019c549c4ca_16516_6B2733C0&dynid=91414&sku=661A0001&sid=8&wknum=6
Back to top Go down
Mydas77

Mydas77

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 9:22 am

For the record the only rules I have ever spoke up about are the ones yall aren't talking about.

Advance timing and restarts. Those seem simple to me.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 9:36 am

Mydas77 wrote:
For the record the only rules I have ever spoke up about are the ones yall aren't talking about.

Advance timing and restarts. Those seem simple to me.

I agree, simpler the better...

My 9 Golden Rules
1- No Restart, if so results thrown out and game SIM
2-24 hour ADV, weekend 48, and if you can't make 24 hour please post reason and time frame and we should be able to be accommodated
3- Recruiting Rule. 20 MAX, as many 5* as you want
4- No late pitch on option
5- Limit 5 WR set
6- Can't have a set D of 3-3-5
7- Going for it on 4th down on your side of the field is a no no, unless your down by 2 scores in the 4th....going for it on 4th down on your opponent side of the field is your call
8- Off season task will be done if we have more then 10 user ready at one time.....time need to be posted 24 hour prior to off season task..
9-Moving to another team...Coach must be at position for 4 years.....must be a 4* or less...and it has to balance out the CONF....Priority of order, what ever coach team is ranked highest at the end of the year has priority
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 9:48 am

Coach Gruden wrote:
axspecialk wrote:

in regards to leaving the big 12, yes, thinking about...last night game was really frustrating...playing vs a team with heavy gator, read option, wildcat was impossible to stop and not much fun to be honest.....you could have put up 80 if you wanted to....i was no where near your QB when he ran the reads and decided to pull and run...and if i did get close you would just pitch it to a wide open back....nothing against you, you know how to run the offense really well,..imho almost impossible to stop, kind of like LSU running his option, or 3-3-5 D that boondock ran, just doesn't make the game fun...if i have to play against that twice a year i may blow my brains out!

Ouch gruden thats harsh...i mean last year you won the big xii i def dont think u should get so down on urself or so down on playing me every year... keep in mind i have a really amazing situation right now.. those 2 in the back field does make it almost impossible.. its def a lose.. lose.. it wont be so bad next year when rudy is gone.. then ppl will key in on the qb and without an amazing back its not as great an offense..i have used that same play book from day one in this od.. and i have used it pass aggressive in the beginning and with those 2 how can i not be run aggressive with it? im sure its just the loss talking.. u will be ok dont leave.. i kno ur not calling ne thing with me on it just not a play style that suits ur taste..but i think i run that spread as well with this qb as ne one in real life does.. my qb is very cam newtonish dont get down man just a good team this year.. no way is the champ game so one sided...
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 9:49 am

gonna play as soon as the heat game is over..
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 9:55 am

axspecialk wrote:
Coach Gruden wrote:
axspecialk wrote:

Ouch gruden thats harsh...i mean last year you won the big xii i def dont think u should get so down on urself or so down on playing me every year... keep in mind i have a really amazing situation right now.. those 2 in the back field does make it almost impossible.. its def a lose.. lose.. it wont be so bad next year when rudy is gone.. then ppl will key in on the qb and without an amazing back its not as great an offense..i have used that same play book from day one in this od.. and i have used it pass aggressive in the beginning and with those 2 how can i not be run aggressive with it? im sure its just the loss talking.. u will be ok dont leave.. i kno ur not calling ne thing with me on it just not a play style that suits ur taste..but i think i run that spread as well with this qb as ne one in real life does.. my qb is very cam newtonish dont get down man just a good team this year.. no way is the champ game so one sided...

i don't want you to take it harsh, and glad you feel i'm not down on you, cause i'm not your run it amazingly....and maybe it's the loss, but it wasn't even close, and like you said you called the dogs off the whole 2nd half....right now i feel like a DC playing vs the Ducks, and instructing my players to fake like they are hurt....
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 10:51 am

lol in fairness to Gruden I can hear that about wantin to blow ur headoff with all that option. I would not want to be in the same conference as Ax I'd go fucking nuts. I get mad when I have to play him in bowl games, which is seemingly every year. I think my record against Ax is 2-10, seriously. However, it wasn't the option that killed me, it was the passing. Bring that option my way this year Ax, I've got the perfect D for it!!

But Gruden your rules look a helluva lot better lol. I shoulda just asked you to type some out, short and simple I over did it lol. Simple job turned impossible.

I assume no adv tonight?
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 10:59 am

LongGONE24 wrote:
lol in fairness to Gruden I can hear that about wantin to blow ur headoff with all that option. I would not want to be in the same conference as Ax I'd go fucking nuts. I get mad when I have to play him in bowl games, which is seemingly every year. I think my record against Ax is 2-10, seriously. However, it wasn't the option that killed me, it was the passing. Bring that option my way this year Ax, I've got the perfect D for it!!

But Gruden your rules look a helluva lot better lol. I shoulda just asked you to type some out, short and simple I over did it lol. Simple job turned impossible.

I assume no adv tonight?

I really wasn't trying to cause a problem, and sorry you spent a bunch of time working on rules Macc....and yes, I'm a pretty simple dude, give me a happy and healthy wife and kids, some pork, clean t shirt, and a drink and I'm good....and why don't you send me some DC help on this the option issue Mac, I could use the help....
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 11:15 am

lets adv this sucker looks like everyone is done with there game.
Back to top Go down
LongGONE24
Admin
LongGONE24

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 11:20 am

It's all stick skills and gang tackling. You gotta be quick no the sticks to get the defender closest to the ball, if he gets engaged you're one man closer to the ball. You've gotta have four linebackers attacking the ball or else it won't be stopped. And speed. It's tough to stop that little Rudy feller but the right play calling that puts you in the right position, negates any of the speed.

This is by no means me saying I can stop you Ax, I was just fuckin around. But I'd certainly feel more comfortable trying to defend a run happy Tiger squad than the damned pass happy one. I think your confidence in the run our last meeting might have been why I was able to keep you SOMEWHAT contained.

Again not taking a shot, just responding to Gruden.

BTW I still can't believe 9s hasn't said nothing about his boy DeSean. That was one helluva finish. Eagles are forreal, Philly vs. New England NFC Championship.
Back to top Go down
axspecialk

axspecialk

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 11:27 am

advanced... and macc no offense its ok to feel confident but u havent played me with this squad.. my option b4 was a lil more obvious and way less because i didnt have the qb to do it the way i wanted to.. now i do.. its not the same as last year.. i used jacob sparingly at best in that bowl game.. this year.. with him as the shot caller its not even close.
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 11:33 am

LongGONE24 wrote:
It's all stick skills and gang tackling. You gotta be quick no the sticks to get the defender closest to the ball, if he gets engaged you're one man closer to the ball. You've gotta have four linebackers attacking the ball or else it won't be stopped. And speed. It's tough to stop that little Rudy feller but the right play calling that puts you in the right position, negates any of the speed.

This is by no means me saying I can stop you Ax, I was just fuckin around. But I'd certainly feel more comfortable trying to defend a run happy Tiger squad than the damned pass happy one. I think your confidence in the run our last meeting might have been why I was able to keep you SOMEWHAT contained.

Again not taking a shot, just responding to Gruden.

BTW I still can't believe 9s hasn't said nothing about his boy DeSean. That was one helluva finish. Eagles are forreal, Philly vs. New England NFC Championship.

well it's time for me to call boonedock and get on the practice field....let adv this bad boy...
Back to top Go down
Coach Gruden

Coach Gruden

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Dec 2010, 11:36 am

axspecialk wrote:
advanced... and macc no offense its ok to feel confident but u havent played me with this squad.. my option b4 was a lil more obvious and way less because i didnt have the qb to do it the way i wanted to.. now i do.. its not the same as last year.. i used jacob sparingly at best in that bowl game.. this year.. with him as the shot caller its not even close.

the first play of the game was an 80 yard run as his QB bounced a would be LB who looked to have a clear shot off like a fly....from there it only got worse...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Week 8 Discussion   2018 Week 8 Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2018 Week 8 Discussion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3